Fantasy Appliance Illustration 1

Hello all! Here is my first attempt tracing and filling color on my base object for the fantasy appliance. I have decided to combine this stovetop coffee pot with a tractor and add a separate chamber for milk. My thought process behind this idea is that the coffee made by a Moka pot is consistently high quality but, as soon as the milk and coffee combine, the whole drink becomes cold. At first, I just wanted to add an extra chamber to heat the milk, then decided it would be interesting and appropriate to model it after a cow. That is when I realized the pot itself could take on a farm theme as well by becoming a tractor. I am currently working on how to combine these two things in a visually pleasing way. Stay tuned!

 

Comments

  1. Avery, your piece is coming along so nicely! I think your use of value and shading is really successful. I especially love the contrast of the lower-end panels of your object. I think your use of line and value really help the object look 3D, even in a 2D world. The handle is another one of my favorite parts; the subtle change in value between the inside and outside of the handle is awesome. I'm excited to see your piece in a fantasy setting!
    - Julia Yount

    ReplyDelete
  2. This came out so well! Your ability to make it really stand out and make it three dimensional is really impressive. I can't wait to see what you pair with it for the project!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your work so far on the Moka pot is really good! You may consider adding in more curves, especially in the handle where there begins to be many points and angles in the shape which appear to resemble curves from far away. I am also a bit confused about the connection between the Moka pot and the tractor but I look forward to seeing how you begin to combine the two objects!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you drawing has come out great so far. The value is great. I'm not really getting the connection between the coffee pot and tractor. I get the connection between cow and farm you mentioned. Maybe think about how coffee is associated with morning time or heat.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts