Cyclical Nature- first approach

 "Omnidishes" 

I felt like I had to create my own word to summarize this project in a way that couldn't be misconstrued. In essence, I want to focus on creating an image of chaos and discomfort. Therefore, I created this word using the root word omni (all) and dishes (that seem to be eternal). To harness this chaos, I chose eight images from my Cyclical Nature folder and overlapped them, blended them, and masked out unnecessary information. I feel like this first attempt is too visually busy but it works as a good place to start and will allow me to substitute other images as I continue until I reach an iteration with which I am pleased. From this version, I like the grid pattern from my washing machine and the pattern created by the soap pods as well as the overall warm tones. I feel like the elements of repetition and warm tones can work well with the anxiety I feel around doing the dishes. 


Comments

  1. This speaks anxiety and chaos to me immediately, so good job portraying those feelings. I get what you're saying about possibly reducing the chaos, I'd just be careful that you are retaining the feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that this piece is chaotic without being overwhelming; I feel like you achieved this by editing the opacity to where the images are soft and layer well on top of each other (you can still very clearly see the objects) without being too sharp or detailed. Very healthy progress work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you created your own word to describe this project! I think this first iteration is really cool. I love the primary colors (red, yellow, blue) that really seem to stand out in this image. I look forward to seeing how you explore a less busy composition and how you explore more repetition!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I very much enjoy how you've manipulated interactions of color and texture here. These relationship remind me of color foil wrapped candy wrappers once they're crushed up. Oddly, while your intention might have been to convey discomfort in chaos, I sense some comfort in this image, for my own experience.
    -Elena

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts