Visual Sequential Narrative Ideas

 I don't have any imagery yet for this project as I'm scouring the internet for some reference images. I plan to make this project either a gif or a mini-zine. While I think a gif would be more interesting and challenging, I think a zine would be more approachable at this time. I want to center this piece on the stress (mainly general) of living in a global pandemic for over a year. I want to draw from the imagery of crumpling up a piece of paper. I also plan to include at least one figure in this piece although the incorporation of the two is still a work in progress. I hope to use procreate for the bulk of this project as it is the closest to traditional drawing and it is a program that has felt quite intuitive in recent months.

Comments

  1. You've got some interesting ideas about how you will present your project. A gif would be awesome (anything animated is just wonderful) but definitely don't over work yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Avery, your written post included so much great imagery for me as I read it! I love zines and in my opinion your concept would fit better in a zine than a gif. You could always do a gif for our open project, too. :) I'm very interested in the crumpling paper aspect and I think you could play with a lot of different textures for this one! Looking forward to seeing your progress! - Julia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Avery, I think a gif would be really ambitious (in a good way haha), and I think that living in a global pandemic is a good topic to focus on. It's crazy to think that we've been in this thing for over a year now! Looking forward to seeing how you approach this project!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the idea of a gif to show the crumpling of paper. I think it would be fairly easy to create even if you made a zine first and used the different pages/spreads as the frames of the gif. I look forward to seeing how your image evolves!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great variety of ideas for the execution!! I think you’ve got good potential for showing your message- all that’s left is thinking about how you’re going to communicate your subject

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, I love this idea of crumpling and the kinds of adjectives or feelings that come up when I hear that word. I think of repression, aggression, energy, stress points, and so many other feelings. The thought of honing in on a simple motion like this to tie to the abundance of feelings amidst a global pandemic feels fitting. Along those same sentiments, if a zine feels most approachable, and can get your visuals across, don't push yourself more than this project serves you. Our capacities can be so low right now, given the state of our world, and honoring that by choosing to go with the zine option, can also be a testament or piece to the art/message itself.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts